BAH GAWD MY FIRST ALTERNATE-FUTURE TIMELINE IS BEING REDONE WHAAAAT? That's right, I've decided to start and finish Pislya Yalti V2 and Stars and Sickles before moving on to other projects.
The post-war world of Pislya Yalti was shaped by the Yalta agreement in 1945 between British King George VI, Soviet Leader Leon Trotsky, and American President Henry A. Wallace. The Nazis were defeated by an uneasy alliance consisting of the United Imperial Kingdom, the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, and the United States of America. Almost immediately after the conclusion of the second world war, the Allies were split ideologically. From this was born the Commonwealth of Nations, an alliance of Imperial powers, and the Union of Republics, an anti-Imperialist alliance led by the U.S.S.R. and the U.S.A.
- Prince Gong succeeds the Chinese imperial throne.
- As Vladimir Illyich Lenin's condition worsens, his wife has abandoned all hopes of him making a full recovery. She makes the decision to release his will and testament. It is read at the 12th Party Congress by Leon Trotsky, however the parts criticizing Trotsky himself were left out of the speech.
- Vladimir Lenin unfortunately dies. The Central Committee meets to elect a new leader for the Communist Party. Trotsky becomes Chairman, but also becomes Premier of the Soviet Government. Stalin loses his position in the Central Committee. Trotsky is basically the paramount leader of the Soviet Union, and with the army behind him, he is unchallenged.
- Trotsky embarks on a program of industrialization and collectivization of agriculture. They come into conflict with the peasants.
- Trotsky flat out denies a non-aggression pact with Hitler. As Hitler invades Poland, the "Trotsky Line", as the line of Soviet defenses was named, saw a massive military buildup in the event of a German invasion.
- Galicia in the American occupation zone of Spain is given to Portugal, with the rest of the American-occupied Spain is reorganized into the Republic of Castile.
- In April, Wilhelm III, son of the last German emperor, is coronated "King of all Germans", a title not held since the days of the Holy Roman Empire. The Kingdom of Germany was created with its capital in Hanover, but was, in all but name, a British Satellite State. It has annexed the Rhineland after the U.N.'s approval.
- In May, one month after the creation of the German Kingdom, the Americans and the French created the Federal Republic of Bavaria under the leadership of Friedrich Ebert and Konrad Adenauer, a true democracy to counter the imperialists.
- In October, the Soviet Leadership he German Democratic Republic in East Germany. Now with Germany split into 3, the Americans now ask themselves a hard question: "Contain Imperialism, or contain Communism?"
- The "Royal Question" is being asked in Belgium. The narrow win for the referendum on whether Leopold III could return to Belgium and remain their king after he had surrendered to the Nazis. The crisis in Belgium propelled the nation into civil war, eventually splitting the nation, the industrialized Wallonia becoming a republic and the agricultural Flanders staying a monarchy under Leopold III. Brussels becomes an independent city-state and the German-speaking communities in the East are annexed by the Kingdom of Germany.
- Portugal, seeing the uselessness of the Guinea colony, decides to grant its independence.
- The Austrian Democratic Republic and the Democratic Republic of Hungary unite as the Democratic Republic of Austria-Hungary.
- The Netherlands forcibly annexes Flanders, assassinating Leopold III in the process. The Kingdom of Germany in turn assassinates the Dutch king and annexes the Netherlands.
- The Portuguese commission a Oil Refinery to refine the newly-discovered Angolan Oil.
1961 - 1974 Edit
- During this time, 1 million Portuguese settle in the colonies.
- The Newfoundland Missile Crisis occurs. British nuclear missiles are placed in Newfoundland and sparks a period of extreme tension.
- Northern Ireland is given to the Kingdom of Ireland in exchange for their continued loyalty to the Commonwealth.
- Austria-Hungary, reborn 10 years ago after 40 years of separation, collapses once again amid ethnic bickering. A rebellion against Soviet influence had led to the creation of a neutral Third Hungarian Republic. In Austria, its communist government had fell within a couple of months, and was in chaos. A referendum in both Bavaria and Austria was held on whether or not to incorporate Austria into the south German state. The referendum was a landslide "yes" vote, and Bavaria and Austria merged into the South German Federation.
- A Revolution in Czechoslovakia divides the country. The Czech People's Republic remains loyal to the Union of Republics, but the Socialist Republic of Slovakia orders all Union troops from her borders. Many fear that the country will join the Commonwealth, however in a speech the following day, the Slovak president denounced the Commonwealth too.